- This event has passed.
The Business of Music
April 20 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
The Business of Music workshop is for those who want to know the basics of the music business, including marketing, and such topics as copyright, the Music Modernization Act, song ownership, ethical sharing of music rights and royalties, and what publishing a song means. The workshop is led by members of Three 2 Go Music Alliance, RWMVP, Melissa Kate Productions, Van Taylor Productions, and is provided by the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame.
Who should attend?
- Those who are starting out in the entertainment business and music fields
- have written songs and don’t know what to do next
- play in a band
- are established musicians who want a refresher course on best practices
- are curious about the music business
- producers or record artists
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.